domenica 27 novembre 2011

Realistic


Peggy: “What know? You have the face of someone who almost caught a rabbit!”
Tobia: “That is more or less the case.”
Peggy: “Rabbits? in the garden? Where???”
Tobia: “No, of course there are no rabbits in the garden. But we are in the garden – that is what bothers me.”
Peggy: “Well, we are quite often in the garden. On our own or with the tall one. What’s new?”
Tobia: “It’s just that I had imagined going for a long walk or going to that place where I can run free.”
Peggy: “I didn’t hear anything about going anywhere.”
Tobia: “I guess you are right, I just hoped that we might …”
Peggy: “You can’t really blame anybody for the things you’ve made up in your mind, you know that of course.”
Tobia: “I know, it’s just…. Never mind.”
Peggy: “Get over it, be realistic – those two can’t read our thoughts. And if you have an ill-defined hope, they are even worse off… and consequently so are you!”

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento